Thoughts on "Dredd 3D"

Not Dreddful at all
Blog exclusive!

Although a mighty bomb at both the domestic and international box office, this remake of 1995s "Judge Dredd" is worth a watch. "Dredd" does away with the camp that made the first movie a mess in the eyes of fans of the comic it was based on. Starring Karl Urban as the macho title character and boasting a diverse, interesting cast of supporting characters "Dredd" succeeded all of my expectations. Those expectations I might add were very, very low.

When I first saw the trailer for the film I cast it aside. I assumed it was directed by some talentless hack. However something strange happened when Rottentomatoes.com, a popular aggregate film review site certified "Dredd" fresh. The near universal acclaim for the movie surprised me and it started to become clear that the marketing department did the film a disservice by releasing such a bad trailer (which fyi is embedded below).

And though I have never have proclaimed myself to be a comic book junkie, the crazy, hyper violence in this movie is enough to make me want to pick up an issue. It's safe to say that I now love the Judge!

Checkout the trailer below:




As always thanks for reading!

© 2012 Matthew R. Reis, All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Source Code" Film Review by: Matthew R. Reis (Out on DVD)

'Collateral' Brief Film Review & Recap

"Wonder Woman" Film Review