Thanksgiving Happiness and Movie Joy

Blog exclusive!

To all my readers:

I hope each and every one of you had a splendid Thanksgiving with lots of food, company and laughter. I had a great time with my parents and for obvious reasons took some time off from writing for my blog. Though since I had the pleasure of seeing two of the year's best films in "Lincoln" and "Argo" I think now is as good a time as any to start blogging again.

The first film I saw was Steven Spielberg's contemplative "Lincoln", followed shortly thereafter by Ben Affleck's gripping spy drama "Argo". From a visual standpoint "Lincoln" is breathtakingly shot and captures the true horror of war. The film has no bad moments whatsoever. Daniel Day-Lewis portrays the nation's 16th (and best) president will win the Oscar for Best Actor. "Argo" on the other hand is a tale of two nations that hate each other dearly. An Iranian mob has overrun the US consulate and taken captive dozens of American workers. Enter CIA agent Tony Mendez, (Ben Affleck) a man tasked with rescuing six americans stowed away at a Canadian diplomat's house. Exciting and deftly accurate "Argo" is my favorite movie of the year.

So I should have either recaps or full-fledged reviews of each of those films up on the blog within a week. Other posts to look forward to include: a "Bridesmaids" review, a look inside the mind of crazy filmmaker Ed Wood in the film of the same name, and why the summers biggest hit (The Avengers) wasn't it's best. Mind you all of these films have been on DVD now for some time, but I feel they are good enough to warrant my written thoughts.

And while reflecting on past films is always good this winter will see the release of some amazing pictures. These releases include Academy Award winner Kathryn Bigelow's "Zero Dark Thirty", a film that chronicles the fall of Bin Laden from Seal Team Six's point of view. The other is ensemble crime flick *"Killing Them Softly" which features the return of Brad Pitt. Perhaps my favorite December release wii be Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained." Gleefully violent like all of Q.T.'s other films are "Unchained" is the story of a slave who will stop at nothing to kill the white men who stole his wife.

As you await these new reviews and recaps I invite you to take a look back into the past. I have plenty of other posts, 76 to be exact, and they need new readers desperately. Please follow my blog if you have a google account (Gmail, YouTube etc.) and leave comments below each post (though refrain from the salty language please.) It would be great to learn exactly who reads the blog and what I could do to better appeal to my audience.

Thanks again for your time!

Regards,

Matthew R. Reis

Feel free to watch the Zero Dark Thirty trailer below:




As always thanks for reading!

© 2012 Matthew R. Reis, All rights reserved.


*KTS Comes out Nov. 30, 2012






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Source Code" Film Review by: Matthew R. Reis (Out on DVD)

'Collateral' Brief Film Review & Recap

"Wonder Woman" Film Review