"The Room" Film Preview

Blog Exclusive!

Hi all,

Some of you may have already seen the notorious cult classic film "The Room" directed by the enigmatic Tommy Wiseau. But, for those of you who haven't managed to see the film yet, myself included, we are clearly bad movie virgins.

I go to see "The Room" tonight live in blistering 35mm (or less hopefully on DVD) at the world famous Carolina Theatre in Greensboro, NC. Embarking on this odd adventure is my trusty friend Ben, a fellow moviemaker and college student who desperately wants to see Lisa tear Tommy apart.

So what's the draw of going to a movie deemed by many to be the worst movie of all time (Transformers notwithstanding)? Well two reasons immediately saturate my mind. 1) each audience member gets to throw spoons at the screen... and if you know me I was always fairly adequate at spooning with friends.

LOL.

The 2) reason to go is to be surrounded by like-minded cinephile's who derive pleasure from seeing other people's 'wonderful' films crash and burn. I've never considered myself a masochistic, but after tonight I may be a proud member of this kinky film goers club.

But, I do have to argue that "The Room" cannot be the worst movie of all time. Why you say? Surely I must be off my rocker you declare! No, no I am not crazy. I insist that I have all my ducks in a row. But "The Room's" trailer and my film cohorts who have witnessed said picture had a great time at the theatre.

I bet they had a fun night out at the movie's with their hunnies because Mr. Wiseau, writer, director, actor and executive producer of the aforementioned film is a great entertainer. Sure he may be a bit odd since he thinks his movie was the best of the year when it was released in 2003, but at least he believes in himself.

After I see the film tonight I may change my tune and declare it an unwatchable disgrace to the global film viewing, but I probably won't. "I'm expecting" it to be a "riot" unlike other "bad" like Plan 9 From Outer Space, Alien Vs. Predator 2: Requiem and Home Alone 3. A movie simply can't be bad if it's even the least bit enjoyable and I dare day that "The Room" is going to be enjoyable! Whereas Plan 9 and the other films I've listed are unwatchable sacks of shit. They offer no humor, insight, depravity or originality. Surely a portrait of a spoon equals originality!

So, after tonight I hopefully will feel good and not want to use a spoon to gauge out my eyeballs.

In time, we shall see (or maybe not)!

~ Matthew R. Reis

Be sure to check out "The Room" trailer below. Just don't sue me if you go blind:



As always thanks for reading:

© 2012 Matthew R. Reis, All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Collateral' Brief Film Review & Recap

"Wonder Woman" Film Review

"Source Code" Film Review by: Matthew R. Reis (Out on DVD)